Part 6 is now live get on it!
As part of my Hypercube Evolution 3D Printer build I had to re-assign the E1 stepper as the second Z motor and the E1 heater cartridge output as the part cooling fan. Here is how I did it!
Re-assigning the E1 stepper output
After downloading the Marlin firmware from github (here) and you open the “Marlin.INO”file in the Arduino IDE. Navigate to the Configuration_adv.H file and look for the below lines. By default the “define Z_DUAL_STEPPER_DRIVERS” line has a // in front of it. All you need to do is remove these 2 forward slashes. That’s it!
// A single Z stepper driver is usually used to drive 2 stepper motors.
// Uncomment this option to use a separate stepper driver for each Z axis motor.
// The next unused E driver will be assigned to the second Z stepper.
#define EXTRUDERS 1
Re-assigning the E1 heater output
After downloading the Marlin firmware from github (here) and you open the “Marlin.INO” file in the Arduino IDE. Navigate to the Configuration_adv.H file and look for the below lines. All you need to change “define E0_AUTO_FAN_PIN -1” to “define E0_AUTO_FAN_PIN 7” you can also adjust the automatic fan switch on set point by changing the number on the line “define EXTRUDER_AUTO_FAN_TEMPERATURE 50”. Remember though these temperatures are in Celsius!
// @section extruder
Extruder cooling fans
Extruder auto fans automatically turn on when their extruders'
temperatures go above EXTRUDER_AUTO_FAN_TEMPERATURE.
Your board's pins file specifies the recommended pins. Override those here
or set to -1 to disable completely.
Multiple extruders can be assigned to the same pin in which case
the fan will turn on when any selected extruder is above the threshold.
define E0_AUTO_FAN_PIN 7
define E1_AUTO_FAN_PIN -1
define E2_AUTO_FAN_PIN -1
define E3_AUTO_FAN_PIN -1
define E4_AUTO_FAN_PIN -1
define CHAMBER_AUTO_FAN_PIN -1
define EXTRUDER_AUTO_FAN_TEMPERATURE 50
define EXTRUDER_AUTO_FAN_SPEED 255 // == full speed
Hi Everyone I have finally gotten a page up on the site to show my build progress. You can check it out by going to the project menu up in the top right or click on the link below.
I recently purchased a little portable SSD for making it easier to transport files. I have made a little tech review video for the product. Please check it out below.
If you are interested in this device and would like to support my channel and site please use the affiliate link: http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/cBIoQJqg
Or if you just want to buy the SSD you can go to: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/KingDian-Newest-item-Portable-SSD-USB-3-0-120GB-240GB-External-Solid-State-Drive-Best-gift/32843026641.html
I come across a user with a peculiar issue when updating fields in a excel document the formula values would not update automatically. As it turns out this is a super easy issue to resolve. In office 2016 / 365 you just need to go to the Formulas tab and then Calculate Options. Under that menu item drop down you can set the formula calculation back to Automatic.
I came across an issue today where I needed to hide some old users email accounts that had been converted to shared mailboxes. However with our office 365 we don’t have full 2 way synchronization enabled. As a result when you go to the 365 portal and attempt to hide the user you get a big error message instead of a pat on the back for a job well done.
Instead what you need to do is:
- Go to a domain controller and fire up Active Directory Users and Computers
- Browse to the user in questions
- Right-Click on the user and select Properties
- Navigate to the Attribute Editor tab
- Locate the msExchHideFromAddressLists item and click Edit
- Set to False and click OK and then OK again to close and save the user changes
After this you will just need to wait for you AzureAD sync to occur and the changes to process.
There appears to be a weird issue where in the April 2018 release of Windows 10 group policy fails to refresh the user part of the group policy. Instead you get the message below
Computer Policy update has completed successfully.
User Policy could not be updated successfully. The following errors were encountered:
The processing of Group Policy failed. Windows could not determine if the user and computer accounts are in the same forest. Ensure the user domain name matches the name of a trusted domain that resides in the same forest as the computer account.
To diagnose the failure, review the event log or run GPRESULT /H GPReport.html from the command line to access information about Group Policy results.
This is caused by the netlogon service not running (and being set to manual?!). To resolve the issue you need to do the following:
- Press Win + R on the keyboard to open the run window
- Type in services.msc and click run
- Scroll down and look for Netlogon, if the status is not Running, then that’s why you’re getting this issue
- Double-Click on Netlogon and change the Startup Type to Automatic and click the Start button
- Once the service is running, click the OK button
- Now try running gpupdate again
If you have a large number of computers running Windows 10 and want to fix them all you can make this change using group policy. To do so carry out the following in an appropriate Policy object
- Start Group Policy Management on a Domain controller
- Select the appropriate group policy
- Select Computer Configuration > Preferences > Windows Settings > Services
- Add a new service and use the following settings
- Startup: Automatic
- Service Name: Netlogon (you can pick from the list)
- Service Action: Start Service
- You can also set the service to restart on failure by going to the Recovery tab
- Click OK
All going well this should resolve the group policy issue. If this helped you please let me know!